400/800 Reflash

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Got the PCM reflash done today. Low end torque is up. Trans shifting is also better. Took about 45 minutes. Long enough to test drive a new Taurus SHO. WOW. No way I can afford it but it is a nice car. Oh, and yes, it is fast.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yup, Ive heard the new flash helps the low end significantly. Keep us posted Scott.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
My wife drove it last night (I had a FEW brews). She had the following question: What's this flashing light when I take off? Me: That's the traction control.

I told her bigger tires would fix it. I don't think she is buying it.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Update: While the truck was getting reflashed I walked across the street to the tire and wheel store. Got an estimate. Guess where that estimate ended up? That's right, in the laundry. She found it while checking pockets.:doh:

stclairdean

StClairDean
Reaction score
That is interesting.
A month ago, my company handed me the keys to a brand new F-350 dually long box. Very nice truck I must say. But after 2500 miles I have notice that occassionally the tranny will have a "quirky" shift. A couple days ago, it seemed to hang between gears too long, the revs shot up and the truck was going nowhere. I plan to take it in to the dealership to get the tranny and its apparent thirst for DEF checked out. Perhaps while there I will find out about the flash.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
My wife drove it last night (I had a FEW brews). She had the following question: What's this flashing light when I take off? Me: That's the traction control.

x2 :lmao:coffee

nice try
i get the no ALTERATIONS look often
congrats on the 6.7 monster

i was reading about the reflash last week and the new hp/tq plus shift profiles. whne my little 150 was getting a pcm update all i can say is i need to find a reason to get a sdd again :hail

as a side note the 6 speed in my 150 does a quirkie shift every now and then as well, its enough to cause you to look around as i expect parts to go flying out from underneath.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

hey, who knows more about it, you or her? Point that out. :coffee

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
New tires are here. 35x12.50R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Probably won't go on the truck until Feb since I won't be driving the truck much until then and I don't have time to put a leveling kit on right now. Plans are a Ready Lift Stage 3TP 2.5" leveling kit and some black or black/machined wheels.

The reflash has made the trans even better. The only thing I wish they would do is to lock out 1st when not in tow/haul mode. When I am in town I usually put the truck in M3 (empty) and have no problem taking off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58