40's on a 250...how much lift is needed?

alljackedup02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im currently running a set of 35 12.5 but im looking at goin up to a 40, how much lift would be needed to accomplish this?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry, only about 1/2 od what I said. So 3 more inches will get you what you want. Ok, what do you drive and what lifts are on the truck and are you happy with these and your present tires? Fill out your signature by going to the USER CP in the BLUE LINE above and click on Edit Signature. Tell us what you drive, and any modifications to the truck. And the town or city you live in. This will help us to better help you and stops a lot of "What do you drive?" questions.

Dave

alljackedup02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
its an 01 4 door f250 4x4 i dont know the brand of lift i got a set of 6 inch leaf springs on the front with a 3 inch "spring pack" (basically a legal block) on the front and blocks in the rear. it rides good so yea im happy with it and the mickey thompson baja atz were amazing but im goin bigger and those things are crazy expensive so im gona be running a set of military tires

Bigfordguy03

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Typically a 8" lift will clear 38's so I would have to say you would probally need a total of 10" of lift. You can check out a few of the big name suspension lift companies (i.e., BDS, SkyJacker) websites. They should have a chart on how much lift is required to clear certain size tires. Cant wait to see it on 40's!! :sweet

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your going to need to regear for those size tires chances are you have a 3.73 gear and 35 are the max you can go... you'll need something in the 4.55 gears area.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will do it, but you'll toast the trans. and at a cost of 4 to 5k for a trans. Is it worth it. For a cost of maybe a 1000.00+/- you could regear. It's up to you, I'm just giving you info to think on. Also with fuel prices going nuts I would get it close to stock setting as you can. Not saying you cant run the 40 just gear it so the truck is back to it's RPM range with those tire.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will do it, but you'll toast the trans. and at a cost of 4 to 5k for a trans. Is it worth it. For a cost of maybe a 1000.00+/- you could regear. It's up to you, I'm just giving you info to think on. Also with fuel prices going nuts I would get it close to stock setting as you can. Not saying you cant run the 40 just gear it so the truck is back to it's RPM range with those tire.

And if you do regear, then the driving computer, speedometer and odometer would read correctly, right?

BTW, Dogman, would you regear for 37 or 38" as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58