40's on a 250...how much lift is needed?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you need to regear for bigger tires, would it also be best to install the lockers? How does it work, do you swap the ring and pinion for the ARB locker or something? :dunno

Yea you pretty much just swap out the pumpkins. Its a whole assembly. All you have to do is hook up an aircompressor and drill small holes in your axle housings for the airlines and yer all set. There are vids on youtube and on ARB's website to give you a rough idea on how the install goes. I havnt found any vids on someone puttin lockers in superduty's.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you pretty much just swap out the pumpkins. Its a whole assembly. All you have to do is hook up an aircompressor and drill small holes in your axle housings for the airlines and yer all set. There are vids on youtube and on ARB's website to give you a rough idea on how the install goes. I havnt found any vids on someone puttin lockers in superduty's.

Thanks... It look like it's difficult to do one upgrade at a time. Bigger tires creates need for lift and fender flares, regearing or lockers! Need cash now! :dizzy

alljackedup02

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sounds like i got myself in a bigger hole than i intended on :dizzy
i bought some 12.5r 20's so im gona have to go a little higher than i intended on and now i gotta regear too. I need these tires on now, my 35's are lookin like slicks and the race truck is still out of comission. btw i gotta a set of 12.5r 20's with about 85-90% tread for sale 400$ i got a deal on them so i bought 2 sets but i need money to get this thing done and get my race truck finished. they're in the process of being shipped to my house so it might be a little bit before i get them to sell but they are on they're way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58