4R100 TC Lockup Mod Opinions?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
My dad did this mod to his 97 F250 460 powered truck. I believe they have the 4r100 trannies? He made his own box and has a toggle switch to lock the converter up. Yea just make sure you flip the switch at the stop lights haha. He also made his own "chip" for changin his airfuel mixture. Has the air ratio meter in an a pillar pod too haha. He loves lil gadgets and tinkering. :D

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
My dad did this mod to his 97 F250 460 powered truck. I believe they have the 4r100 trannies? He made his own box and has a toggle switch to lock the converter up. Yea just make sure you flip the switch at the stop lights haha. He also made his own "chip" for changin his airfuel mixture. Has the air ratio meter in an a pillar pod too haha. He loves lil gadgets and tinkering. :D

97 would be the E4OD. It's identical to the 4R100.:D

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Hate to 'revive' this old thread but I've been looking into making my EBPV into a exhaust brake and since I have an auto I've been told I need a TC lockup mod. From what I've read its an easy mod to do. My question is, if I turn off the manual TC lockup does the TC go back to normal? (i.e. it locks up when its suppose?) I don't haul huge loads (heaviest load I've pulled was about 9,000lbs or so) but I do have to travel down some pretty steep mountains to get to my destinations and would love to not have to touch my brake to maintain safe speeds. I'm really new to Auto trans and don't really know all the lingo for them so you'll have to explain it to me like I'm a complete idiot lol.

Travis

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Hate to 'revive' this old thread but I've been looking into making my EBPV into a exhaust brake and since I have an auto I've been told I need a TC lockup mod. From what I've read its an easy mod to do. My question is, if I turn off the manual TC lockup does the TC go back to normal? (i.e. it locks up when its suppose?) I don't haul huge loads (heaviest load I've pulled was about 9,000lbs or so) but I do have to travel down some pretty steep mountains to get to my destinations and would love to not have to touch my brake to maintain safe speeds. I'm really new to Auto trans and don't really know all the lingo for them so you'll have to explain it to me like I'm a complete idiot lol.

Travis

Yes if you wired it up properly it will. It will be like you never wired a tc lock at all. I also want to do this and do the exhaust brake mod. Some say its bad and some say its good.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
I did it on my truck, it works to an extent, just dont go crazy braking at high speeds or the pressure will over power the exh. vavle springs and bad stuff will happen haha

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I did it on my truck, it works to an extent, just dont go crazy braking at high speeds or the pressure will over power the exh. vavle springs and bad stuff will happen haha

Yea thats what I heard. So it does make a difference in stopping?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58