4R100 TC Lockup Mod Opinions?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone ever figured our how to get rid of the damn overdrive light flashing? So far I just put some electrical tape over it. What have you all done?

LOL............no.

I just put some electrical tape on the back side of the plastic piece that says overdrive.

Hummm......yes, can you say redneck. :D

Tbar

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now what would really make it great is an article that shows how to use the vehicle speed sensor signal to automatically unlock the converter below 33 mph.

Just food for thought for the electrically talented side.

kpulsip1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Okay, so the question is: When I flip the switch off does everything go back to normal? No blinking overdrive light? I have a 40 foot toyhauler and to get to the dunes I have some long, steep pulls. This last weekend I put the shifter into 2nd and at about 35 the tc locked up. The pull was 100 times easier, and my tranny didnt get over 170. My toyhauler is about 18000 lbs loaded so this was a great thing to see. I would like to install this switch, but I dont want to mess with the switch all the time, just when pulling these steep hills in 2nd. Thanks

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it's back to normal when you flip the switch back off, the flashing OD light may need to be reset by restarting the truck, but it is usually self fixing.

Be sure you keep your rpm's high enough 1300-1400 or there is not enough pressure to keep the converter locked even though you're commanding it to be locked.

If you have a 4wd truck, with those weights and speeds, consider using 4lo to get the converter to lock at a lower speed.

kpulsip1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. So on my transmission Im looking for pin #4 and it is purple and yellow? Then just run that to a switch that is grounded? Do I have that right? Thanks.

kpulsip1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I found the connector on the drivers side of my tranny, which I thought it was on the passenger side, but either way the number four pin is a yellow with black stripe wire and the number 7 pin is a purple with a yellow stripe wire. Which one is it? Thanks

kpulsip1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
TC Lockup

Okay so did I stump everyone? :dunno I found a set of wires that go over the transmission to the passengers side, but they are impossible to get to. Can some one send me a pic of what the connector should look like? Its a rebuilt HD 4r100 so that may be why the wires are a different color. In that case should I just stick to pin #4 of the connector? (Yellow wire with black stripe) HELP!:doh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58