4r100 w/FTVB apart! help on pump mods???

Vindicator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've finally got my 4r100 apart due to the diode busting. Luckily, i was only going 5 mph when it let go so it didnt grenade into little pieces :innocent The fluid is still red, although a tad on the dark side. I currently have my Factory Tech Valve Body in there and would like to keep it. What pump mods can I do that will work in harmony with the FTVB? Per TCIs website the pump mods they do are as followed:

Pump Enhancements
• TCC exhaust orifice enlarged for enhanced converter clutch shift feel.
• Cooler feed orifice enlarged for enhanced lubrication.
• Converter feed circuit cross-drilled to line pressure circuit to provide full-time feed.
• Front seal drain back passages enlarged to prevent seal blowout.
• Higher rate pressure regulator valve spring installed for increased torque capacity.
• New, steel boost valve installed to reduce loss of boost signal from pressure control solenoid. (EPC)
• An improved front lube/drain back valve assembly replaces the plastic OEM counterpart, which can melt, restricting the front lube oil feed circuit, which results in overdrive planetary failure.

Which can I do myself and which will play nice with the FTVB? I was also checking out the Transgo tugger kit, but it looks like its main focus is on the valve body which I already have. It also looks like I can get the spiral snap ring for the OD seperately. Any insight is greatly appreciated! :notworthy

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well what you can do all depends on your level of competency as to what is something you can do yourself.

The pump mods are not difficult just a few carefully drilled holes and swapping out a few springs.

The FTVB is simply the accumulator body it still leaves out alot of things that the tugger HD kit includes namely the main valve bodies.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hesitate to tell you to do exactly that because of my penny pinching side, however you can likely sell the accumulator body for the price of the tugger HD kit (~120). I have read many, many threads on the old TDS about incompatibilities with the FTVB and the rest of the tugger HD kits.

My 2¢ is to go ahead and to the entire tugger HD kit and know that everything is compatible and works and plays well together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14