4wd Launches

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BEWARE of the 4Hi launch. Tranny breakage can occur.

To this day, I am scared to death to even try it again.

I remember that horror story. LOL David from DI says that I can't break this transmission. He was the one that built the tranny for me. I would also like to get the 4wd fixed. Thanks for all the help guys.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I launch mine in 4hi. Launches HARD and even with my huge tires and 3.73 gears still runs good. Runs in the 9.30's every pass. I just leave my hubs in auto and click it into 4 wheel squeel (yes it will spin all four on launch when on the brake and 25psi)

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
PLATINUM, SOUNDS LIKE A VACUMN LEAK AT THE SWITCH OR UNDER THE DASH. BLOWING OUT THE DEFROST IS THE MAIN CLUE, DEFROST IS THE DEFAULT SO YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO CLEAR THE WINDSHEILD. HAVE TO HAVE GOOD VACUMN(AKA NO LEAKS) TO CHANGE THE HEATER TO VENTS OR FLOOR. AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HEAR IT.:sly

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLATINUM, SOUNDS LIKE A VACUMN LEAK AT THE SWITCH OR UNDER THE DASH. BLOWING OUT THE DEFROST IS THE MAIN CLUE, DEFROST IS THE DEFAULT SO YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO CLEAR THE WINDSHEILD. HAVE TO HAVE GOOD VACUMN(AKA NO LEAKS) TO CHANGE THE HEATER TO VENTS OR FLOOR. AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HEAR IT.:sly

ummm no. No vacuum circuits for the ESOF are inside the cab.Solenoid mounted under hood controlled by switch/gem. A leaking line for the HVAC will have no affect on the ESOF hubs nor will vacuum leak from ESOF have any affect on the HVAC.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Oops,my bad. Guess you do have a vacumn leak, but not for the 4whl. Sorry. But your leak will affect your air inside. Your 4whl doesn't work, but your windshield is nice and clear. At least you can see your gettin beat! :doh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg