Question 4x4 not working 6.0

gearbox

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hello new to the site. I really enjoy this site. I have a 2005 ford f250 four wheel drive. My 4 wheel drive just stopped working. I changed the vacum pump and even changed my dash board switch no luck. I checked all my fuses. I hope someone can give me some advice before I take it it. Thanks for your time! Hope to get answers.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would bet big $$ that you have a vacuum leak in one of the front hubs! The ESOF hubs work on a vacuum signal that locks/unlocks them. Pull off the front wheels and look CAREFULLY at the vacuum hose and the connections. Look for a split line or a broken line near the couplings. Good luck, $%$#! ESOF.

Dave

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try manually locking the hubs and see if that changes anything. If so then I'll agree with the others that you have a vacuum leak at the hub.

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what mine is. Vac leaks are a problem, especially after a few miles on the trucks. I think mine's in the hub seals now though....that one's going to hurt the pocketbook!

tango555

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Which vacuum pump controls the 4WD? My vacuum pump that controls the AC vents went out, and now I noticed the 4WD not working. I'm assuming this is the pump that controls the 4WD? Located in the upper RH engine area...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
There is only one vacuum pump, on the passenger's fender. It controls the Heat/AC and the ESOF.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14