Question 4X4 Problem

chamillionaire66

Remember?
Reaction score
Last nite when i got stuck in mud i was in 4H, and of course it didnt move anywere. So i tryed putting it in 4L but it wouldnt move into 4L only (4H & 4X4 OFF) the warn manual lockers were fine , it was just the shifter thing inside the truck that was giving me probs.

Reaction score
if your trying to shift in 4L you have to put the truck in neutral and wait. It will eventually shift into 4L. For future reference don't wait till you're stuck to put it in 4wd.

chamillionaire66

Remember?
Reaction score
Hmmm ok

well ok, i had it in 4wd before i got stuck i was just trying to spin the back end in the mud, and ended up goin straight hahahha, but yeah about 4L ill try that, thanks!;tu

if your trying to shift in 4L you have to put the truck in neutral and wait. It will eventually shift into 4L. For future reference don't wait till you're stuck to put it in 4wd.

Dmax..2000PS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong but i think you need to be in nuetral to go to 4L. Also is it shift on the fly or not

Potentialbuyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There was probably too much load on the driveline to get the range fork in the transfer case to go from 4HI to 4LO. If you put the vehicle in neutral, it should allow you to move the lever. If the vehicle is really stuck, you may have to rock it back and forth a little to unload the driveline.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58