52" lvd tv

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I think my head may explode if I try and search about TV's anymore. I am confused.

I want a 52" flat screen on the wall in the living room. Too many choices and too many prices out there.

Is this a good one? - Philips 52" 3000 series LCD TV 52" Full HD 1080p 52PFL3603D/F7 Only $1,200 bucks at Sam's club and it seems to do all I need it to do. I compared other similar units around town and they were much more money(all over $1,500)but I don't see any more bang for the buck. Taking it for a test drive tonight and it seems great but I want to make sure it is the right choice before I bolt it to the wall. I have tried it with cable, DVD player, Apple TV and Netflix via X-Box 360 and the picture seems great.

On Mothers day I put a 32" Sanyo in the bedroom and it also seems great for under $500. I guess I don't know what you get in the high dollar units. Is there something I am missing?

Any input?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the higher dollar deals usually have more and different inputs making them better for a home theater type setup.

For most people today and what appears to be suitable for the near future is HDMI unless I am a horrible judge of character via the web and you are one of those people who replaces their TV every 2 or 3 years.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
This one does have a bunch of HDMI inputs. The specs say three but I am looking at it and there are four. Three on the back and one on the side. It also has two of the red/green/blue inputs, two S-video inputs and two yellow/red/white inputs. More than enough for me..

I normally keep a TV until it pukes which is basically what happened. The family room TV gave up a year or two ago and since then we have had a small one in there that we use to have in a travel trailer. Now the big one from the living room is in the family room and the bigger 52" is in the living room.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm, You definitely what 1080p and not 1080i make sure of that..... the (p) stands for progressive, gives a much better picture and the ( i ) stands for interlaced not so good picture...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It is a 1080p but I switched the output on my Apple TV box to 1080i and then back to 1080p and I could not tell the difference.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my head may explode if I try and search about TV's anymore. I am confused.

I want a 52" flat screen on the wall in the living room. Too many choices and too many prices out there.

Any input?

Like you, I was BONKERS trying to make "Thee" selection. Over the past year, we've replaced all (3 in the house, 2 in the RV) of our CRT TV's, with LCD's.

I found that reading the "Reviews" & "Ratings".. from other buyers, on the various vendor Web Sites helped me make "Thee" choice.. some.

Joe

For the 52" BIGGY.. I went with the Vizio (from Walmart) :dunno

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
For the 52" BIGGY.. I went with the Vizio (from Walmart) :dunno
I recently got a 19" Vizio for the camper and I really like it but a few people have told me that the start getting dead pixels in them after a while. Dunno if it is true or not as I didn't really find that much about it in the reviews but people I have talked to say alot of them get returned :dunno

After watching the 52" Philips all night I have decided to go buy a bracket and hang it up. Probably better ones out there but as far as bang for buck I think this one will serve us well.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got a 19" Vizio for the camper and I really like it but a few people have told me that the start getting dead pixels in them after a while. Dunno if it is true or not as I didn't really find that much about it in the reviews but people I have talked to say alot of them get returned :dunno

After watching the 52" Philips all night I have decided to go buy a bracket and hang it up. Probably better ones out there but as far as bang for buck I think this one will serve us well.

I had heard and read that too.. so I called Vizio.. They >said< they have fixed the pixel issue.. and the 120hz (what ever that whizoledgy means) model I went with is as good as it gets.. for the price and Walmart's one year return.. stacked with Vizio's two year replacement deal.. I went for it. Had it now for about a year.. No Probs (So Far).

I'm think'n they ALL have thier issues.. Enjoy yer 52" Crumm :sweet:sweet

Joe

We just got back from a 2 week RV trip to the Oregon Coast & Cascades.. after watch'n the 26" in the RV.. WHAT A DIF, watching the 52" last night.. Like being "At The Movies" :lmao:lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58