5th wheel wiring harness and Hitch

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the Reese Signature 24K 5th wheel hicth and under bed rail kit (99 F350 SD DRW Crew 4x4) and wiring harness.

Anyone have any input on this hitch? good? bad?

What wiring harness are you guys running? I crawled under there very briefly and didn't see a tie in point for the wires near the center of the bed, though I didn't reach up there and check it out too thoroughly, so where does the new harness tie in? Do I have to get one of the long ones and run it from the rear bbumper plug and back up? How bout mounting the plug in the bed, I was thinking about tucked up under the bedrail kinda hidden and out of the way. Thoughts pictures of your set-ups?

Thanks,
PSD

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Reese 20 K for 15 years and no problem in tell last week when I bent one of the dogs that lock the hitch. It was my fault and I think I can fix it for about $20.00 or less.
No telling how many miles I have on it.
I thank you will like it just fine.
I made up a wiring pigtail and run it from the back bumper to the front of the bed. I didn't want to cut into any wires being I have the factory brake controller on my 2006.
Good luck and hope you like it here at SSD.com

Johnswiftm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The fifth wheel is top rate and also Reese/Draw-tite have a harness that T connects into the 7 way on the back and puts another 7 way just like the bumper one in the bed. We normally put them in the left rear stakepocket area

Yellowsub1962

supernewbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm ordering up the hitch today and I'm going to look into whether I fab up a mount for the plug and tuck it way up high under the bed rail or just stick it through the side like WB.

Thanks Again,
PSD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14