5w40?

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys thinking of running Amsoil 5w-40 year round for our 7.3s?? Maryland climates, relatively hot summers then down in the single digits for the winter.

5 winter for the flow characteristics in the winter time vs. 15w, and it's still a 40 weight at 212 fahrenheit.

atk

Reaction score
is it synthetic?....i am going to use Valvoline 5w40 synthetic all year round, but i do have a 6.0L....i don`t see any reason for the 7.3L to be different....just my :2c

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Amsoil. Pretty much all Amsoil is 100%. Just wanted an opinion from here.

Like I said, it's not like Im switching to a lower viscosity on the multi-grade.

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else run 5w40?

I'll be doing the switch to it in the PSD in a few days.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Every winter since it was new(2001) and year round for the last 2 years. I think it is great. Using Delvac 1.
Jim

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Anyone else run 5w40?

I'll be doing the switch to it in the PSD in a few days.

All my diesel work trucks have 5w40 amsoil in them. No troubles. Starting cold is not a challenge unless it's one of my old cummins 300 long block trucks. :roflmao :sorry cummins makes a good motor, but the old ones start hard.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I donot run amsoil on my truck but I do use it in my snowmobile (2 stroke synthetic) and 4 wheeler. (0w40 synthetic/gear oil) I have 6000 abusive miles on my snowmobile without any engine problems and quite a few problem free miles on my 4 wheeler.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I donot run amsoil on my truck but I do use it in my snowmobile (2 stroke synthetic) and 4 wheeler. (0w40 synthetic/gear oil) I have 6000 abusive miles on my snowmobile without any engine problems and quite a few problem free miles on my 4 wheeler.

Not to bash your snowmobile, but is it an Arctic Cat? My Amsoil salesman said if you have an Arctic Cat you need to run Intercepter 2 stroke oil. I have Yamaha's and Skidoo's.

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know a lot more guys than I thought are using the newer 5w40 Diesel Oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg