Help Needed 6.0 accel delay

02EX_PSD

Not as Junior of a Member
Reaction score
Hello, hope I can find some answers out there. We have a 2004 6.0 PSD that seems to drive fine with plenty of power at WOT but when cruising down the highway and accelerating slightly, it has a long delay before it accelerates. Any one had that problem? How did you fix it? I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Clean the EGR valve and see if that helps out. Easy to do, but getting the EGR Valve out is a bit tricky. Remove the small bolts that hold it in place and lightly pry it out while turning it side to side. It will come out. Remove the carbon build up, with a brush, and reinstall.

Dave :)

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo lag is a battle most 6.0L owners fight. There are several options for helping the issue from mild to wild. Hope the cleaning helps your craving. If not post up again for more details on other solutions.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Changing 4 injectors got rid of the ridiculous lag on mine. After having Ford do a cylinder contribution test I realized I had 2 bad injectors not the one weak one I thought I had. Night and day difference in the truck after a 1,3,5,7 injector swap
Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg