6.0 coming apart

htg900

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have a 06 6.0 41k new egr valve now ar 46k running bad and using coolant was egr code dealer took egr out real dirty for 5k miles. Mechanic called ford hotline they told him to tear apart probably head gasket or cracked head. Has anyone had heads or gaskets replaced if so does this fix problem or will it happen again in 40k ??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
YES, it is probably the EGR cooler. I had mine replaced recently. Head gaskets are harder to blow. The ERG cooler will go out without any chips or programmers, just normal driving. I know.

Dave

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they're going to pull the heads off of your truck, you should ask them if they would install head studs for ya if you buy them. A lot of techs will install them. That would solve the possible head gasket problem.

But it's probably a combination of the egr cooler and oil cooler. Try to insure that they replace both of them if they're going to change one. A failed EGR cooler is usually caused by a blocked oil cooler, therefore reducing coolant flow to the egr cooler causing it to burn up.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they pull that egr cooler make SURE they at least CHECK the oil
cooler for blockage or reduced flow...the better techs replace the oil
cooler when they replace the egr coolers.

and if they havent already done it give 'em this TSB so they will
replace the HPOP connectors.

FDDTS - HPOP Connector Bracket

htg900

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Trucks back

Picked truck up saturday. It has new heads old ones were warped,new oil cooler,new egr valve , new egr cooler. Seems to run alot better more resonsive brakes are a little mushy assume the just need to be bled because of them lifting cab off.:thumbs l

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the dealer here about the head stud bolts kit if I got them, if they would put them in and they said they would but kiss the warrenty good by. They know it would fix the problem, But the dealers wont do it.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I asked the dealer here about the head stud bolts kit if I got them, if they would put them in and they said they would but kiss the warrenty good by. They know it would fix the problem, But the dealers wont do it.

Find a new dealer:sweet

That one might void your warranty for Using Flying J fuel, instead of Loves:stir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14