6.0 coolant filter?

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
has anyone installed a fleetguard / whatever coolant filter?

it might just be me being compulsive but im kind of getting tired of seeing HUGE amounts of 'casting sand' or whatever it is in the reservoir.....it cant be good for the engine and besides (and more importantly :rolleyes: ) it annoys me every time I get under the hood to do something :D

Thanks
CH

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
We are going to be putting one on my dad's 6.0 in the next couple weeks. He liked the dieselsite setup I put on my 7.3 so we will probably get the 6.0 version from over there also. I would like to see some installs and any problems anyone ran into putting this on a 6.0 if anyone has some info that would be great.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I put a coolant filter on my 6.0 a while back. I opened up the first filter to see what was inside. I found almost nothing. Very little sand in it. Look at my pictures and you can see my installation for your selves. I used a kit from a 7.3 and added a NON ADDITIVE filter. Easy to install if you are handy with metal.

Dave :cowboy:

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
I put a coolant filter on my 6.0 a while back. I opened up the first filter to see what was inside. I found almost nothing. Very little sand in it. Look at my pictures and you can see my installation for your selves. I used a kit from a 7.3 and added a NON ADDITIVE filter. Easy to install if you are handy with metal.

Dave :cowboy:

Dave - so with your experience do you think its even worth doing (if there wasnt much in the stock filter)?
im not all that great with metal but im pretty good w/ a BFH :D i think i can work something out if its worth the bother :thumbs

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
_CH_ said:
Dave - so with your experience do you think its even worth doing (if there wasnt much in the stock filter)?
im not all that great with metal but im pretty good w/ a BFH :D i think i can work something out if its worth the bother :thumbs

I would do it all over again if I got a new truck. The big rigs have coolant filters for a reason. They are easier than changing water pumps. You save in the long run. Mine did not have too much sand left in the casting, but the next one could have more. Who knows? :dunno :dunno

Dave :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58