6.0 diesel down and out

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
so I know..... the regen air is cutting good air to the motor just like it was having a hard time getting air in and the symptom is black smoke or unburnt fuel?? Right?

larry2004

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my 2011 Super Duty F250 Diesel off at the dealership. The truck has 2,500 miles and only 40 days old. I checked the oil for the first time today and found water in the oil. Water was on the dipstick and the oil was whiteish and gummy looking. What are the chances the engine has permanent damage? I just returned from a 500 mile trip and noticed a slight smell of antifreeze a few times when standing outsidethe truck.

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I just dropped my 2011 Super Duty F250 Diesel off at the dealership. The truck has 2,500 miles and only 40 days old. I checked the oil for the first time today and found water in the oil. Water was on the dipstick and the oil was whiteish and gummy looking. What are the chances the engine has permanent damage? I just returned from a 500 mile trip and noticed a slight smell of antifreeze a few times when standing outsidethe truck.

Man! I would be pissed!!!:eek::rant I might ask for a new truck!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you say new motor.....Dont take anything less from the dealer. You want everything new even the turbos, And :stir that pot good too.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:eek: WOW

Man! I would be pissed!!!:eek::rant I might ask for a new truck!

Nothing LESS than a New Truck.

Can you say new motor.....Dont take anything less from the dealer. You want everything new even the turbos, And :stir that pot good too.

X2. and More.......

Contact Ford Motor Company.. and the Area Rep that is ABOVE your dealer. Give them the Work/Repair Order/Invoice numbers.. and accept nothing less that a Buy Back & Replacement.

With only 2500 miles, and Less than 60 days old (?), Coolant in the Oil ? (Don't 'bout anyone else, but every time I'd put the thing to work, from here on.. I'd be paranoid about this) NO WAY would a "Rebuild" be acceptable.

Nip it in the Bud.. Now Larry.

JMO & .02.:dunno

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58