6.0 ic

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
I have a new 6.0 ic and I am ready to do the mod,,,, All the threads I have read say they are only seeing 100-150 degree drop and less when towing. Is it worth the 4 hours of labor? I can control the egts by the heavy right foot????????? I got the ic for free and the boots are about $60, cheap but is it worth it?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new 6.0 ic and I am ready to do the mod,,,, All the threads I have read say they are only seeing 100-150 degree drop and less when towing. Is it worth the 4 hours of labor? I can control the egts by the heavy right foot????????? I got the ic for free and the boots are about $60, cheap but is it worth it?

I say, YES.. It's Well worth it. As long as the 4 hours labor, Is Your Labor. That 100-150 degrees gives you quite a bit to play with when pulling.

I did it, and have never looked back. (exsept to look at the Chebby's & Dodges, in the mirror)

:) ;) :D

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Definately worth it!! Especially when you consider the next step being a larger intercooler costing $1,000+. It depends on how much injector and turbo you're going to go with in the future. But unless you are planning on going to 400+ hp, the 6.0 intercooler should do fine.

4 hours might be a bit of a stretch. I spent more time re-routing tranny cooler lines than I spent swapping intercoolers.

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Well I guess your right, the labor is free, well maybe a 12 pack, but ya its free and any little helps.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine, really only saw a 100 drop MAX when towing... Nothing empty. Going to a Sperco soon...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya