6.0 injectors

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
Anyone had a problem with the dealership working on there truck if you have a programmer. Should i take it out before i take it in. It keeps throwing codes for the #5 and 6 injectors.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
it might not be a bad idea to remove the 6-gun before you take it in. they would have to remove it anyway to work on it if i am not mistaken.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
03bighossf250 said:
Anyone had a problem with the dealership working on there truck if you have a programmer. Should i take it out before i take it in. It keeps throwing codes for the #5 and 6 injectors.

maybe you been eaten to many vettes:roflmao :roflmao

just kiddin, hope everything is ok and it works out good for ya big hoss.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
THe egt probe goes to a gauge? Or is it part of the Six Gun? Take it out an plug it if it is. Ford is looking for any reason to deny warranty work on the 6.0.

Dave

X-Hibition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your exhaust and intercooler I don't know that removing the 6 Gun will hide much. You have one other connection to remove under the hood before you can disconnect your power lead and diagnostic port adapter.

Two wires hanging from a thermocouple won't stick out the way your other mods will...

What setting do you use on the 6 Gun?

DaveBen,

The EGT probe connects to the Power PDA for multiple gauge function. The PDA can be removed from the docking port so it can leave the vehicle. Of course the docking station says "Banks Power PDA" on it.

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
usually 2 but then SL when i'm messing around. Your talking about the harness. I'm figuring that i'll remove all the sixgun stuff. Even the docking port. And maybe just tape up the thermo wires in black tape to hopefully hide them. I dont think that an exhaust and intercooler void a fuel warrenty?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58