6.0 issues??

FULL FORCE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what are the issues with a 6.0 liter? I am looking for another truck, want to go newer but hear alot of issues with 6.0? what are they????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Head gaskets if you chip it and drive it hard. Costly to repair as the cab has to be removed to change the head gaskets. The EGR is another area that needs god maintance at least. I have a 2004 6.0 and it has been a good truck. I have over 115,000 miles with out any major problems, just changed #5 injector. No other items needed to be serviced.

Dave

FULL FORCE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Head gaskets if you chip it and drive it hard. Costly to repair as the cab has to be removed to change the head gaskets. The EGR is another area that needs god maintance at least. I have a 2004 6.0 and it has been a good truck. I have over 115,000 miles with out any major problems, just changed #5 injector. No other items needed to be serviced.

Dave

How much of a chip? how are these stock? I have a 99 7.3 now, love it, but alot of the rust free trucks I see are 03 up 6.0.... really afraid to make a stupid move as I LOVE 7.3 and has 288 with no issues...

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Keep the t444e

You might want to consider keeping the truck you have and looking for a mid 2003 t444e truck. The ended production of the t444e in june of 2003 due to emissions and nox regulations. The vt365 can be a good engine if you keep the service schedule and don't add any horsepower like daveben stated. There are 365 applications in international's exceeding 30,000lbs and i have seen them go for over 350k. But they were strictly serviced. Good luck in your search.

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you love your truck keep it!!!!

I read your ad you have for it and said you have minor rust starting, just take it to a body shop and have it fixed before it gets bad. It will be money well spent. Looks like you have a nice truck there.

FULL FORCE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you love your truck keep it!!!!

I read your ad you have for it and said you have minor rust starting, just take it to a body shop and have it fixed before it gets bad. It will be money well spent. Looks like you have a nice truck there.

My main reason for considering selling is the need/want for crew cab, as far as the rust starting, I just replace things, I do my own body work and can fix it but then I am spending more on this truck that I could put towards what I really want...

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.0 is a great motor if maintained. Stock, HG are not really an issue unless you are pushing high hp levels- most times blown HG are due to the EGR cooler coking up and cracking and sending coolant where it shouldnt be.

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea the crew cabs are really nice, its gonna be hard to go back to a reg or ex cab after having mine. Its so nice to have the room for people or gear, or maybe kids someday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg