Help Needed 6.0 just shut off !! Wont start!

ucantstop3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Today i was driving down the road and it was like someone turned the key on my truck and it just shut off. I have no blown fuses, my fuel pump works . It turns over but wont start. My filters are new and im getting fuel to the top fuel filter. But i'm kinda at a stand still from here. I dont know what to look for next. So if anyone can give me some advice on this that would be great. I dont know if its a common thing for 6.0 to do this or what but hopefully i can get an idead from you guys ..

Also on another note i have an oil leak and im not sure where its coming from. Its tough to see where its coming from but i was told the 6.0's are common with the timing cover leaking any thoughts?..thanks for your time and help!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an oil leak..... whats the oil level, on the dip stick ?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you brokedown along the road ? (I see this is your first postings..)

If so... Loosen the Battery clamps and give'm a good twist.. tighten'm up and give it a try. If you have the means... Scrape the posts and insides of the clamps.

Last edited:

ucantstop3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
No it happened awhile ago ,but its not the battery because it turns over . It just seems like its not getting fuel .Its not even trying to start So thats why i thought maybe it was a censor or wire came loose.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it happened awhile ago ,but its not the battery because it turns over . It just seems like its not getting fuel .Its not even trying to start So thats why i thought maybe it was a sensor or wire came loose.

It may turn over... but the PCM is very sensitive to clean voltage.

Maybe the 6.0 folks can jump in here ?????

atk

Reaction score
first, need to get it scanned for codes....may set a code and no CEL....

do have a security system and /or remote start....may have a malfunction????

ucantstop3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
first, need to get it scanned for codes....may set a code and no CEL....

do have a security system and /or remote start....may have a malfunction????

I don't have any security codes and or remote start.. Also its not putting out any codes that i know of. I DIDNT get it scanned but no warning signals of any kind are on...???

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You NEED to get it scanned. The Engine Check Light may not come on when codes are present. It would also help if we knew what you drove. Fill out your signature by going to the USER CP in the top blue line and click EDIT SIGNATURE and fill it out.

Dave :)

ucantstop3

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Today i was driving down the road and it was like someone turned the key on my truck and it just shut off. I have no blown fuses, my fuel pump works . It turns over but wont start. My filters are new and im getting fuel to the top fuel filter. But i'm kinda at a stand still from here. I dont know what to look for next. So if anyone can give me some advice on this that would be great. I dont know if its a common thing for 6.0 to do this or what but hopefully i can get an idead from you guys ..

Also on another note i have an oil leak and im not sure where its coming from. Its tough to see where its coming from but i was told the 6.0's are common with the timing cover leaking any thoughts?..thanks for your time and help!

It ended up being the computer.....It FRIED!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58