Newbie 6.0 L injector module

ballwinsd

ballwin4x2
Reaction score
I just paid $1100 to have an injector module replaced on my '06 4x2 with 83K miles. Had a check engine light and took to my mechanic who did a diagnostic which indicated the bad unit. Per the service bulletin, this is caused by the shaking of the engine which in turn loosens and causes a failure of the soldered parts in the module.

Has anyone heard of this happening?

If so, how much did you pay to replace this component? My mechanic indicated if not replaced, would cause the engine to first misfire and eventually to stop altogether. Was a sold a bill of goods,

NOT SURE OF THE FIX.:dizzy

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
FICM's do give us problems and they are NOT long lived. Mine died at under 100,000 miles. Generally the first symptom is hard cold starting. Mine did not shake. Ford charges a pretty penny to replace the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) and there are several companies that rebuild them better than new. I do not think you were "sold a bill of goods". It should run great after the fix.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
FICM's do give us problems and they are NOT long lived. Mine died at under 100,000 miles. Generally the first symptom is hard cold starting. Mine did not shake. Ford charges a pretty penny to replace the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) and there are several companies that rebuild them better than new. I do not think you were "sold a bill of goods". It should run great after the fix.

Dave

wd40, sounds very similar to what your experiencing now,
how many miles on your dually?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58