6.0 Lemon Law

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Make sure you document all your problems with your truck any noise or unusal problems take it back to the dealer I have a 05 350 4x4 crew dually 6.0 I just settled for $12,000.00 with Ford would not by back because of miles103k I might have gotten more If I took it back to the dealer more It was in the shop 92day 1st year head gaskets transmission over heating allt he time even after new head gasket good luck if anyboby has questions you can email me at [email protected] or I watch this site from time to time but i'll be watching a duramax or cummins site shortly

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
edsf460 said:
Make sure you document all your problems with your truck any noise or unusal problems take it back to the dealer I have a 05 350 4x4 crew dually 6.0 I just settled for $12,000.00 with Ford would not by back because of miles103k I might have gotten more If I took it back to the dealer more It was in the shop 92day 1st year head gaskets transmission over heating allt he time even after new head gasket good luck if anyboby has questions you can email me at [email protected] or I watch this site from time to time but i'll be watching a duramax or cummins site shortly

103k miles on a 05
d a n m you did some driving

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
how come i only hear people talking about there 6.0 horror stories and then they say there going for a Duracrap or cummins. but outta all the people ive talked to that have owned several diesels[several guys from work] say the Duramaxes have the most problems. and as good a the cummins motor is there are enough other problems between tranny,and chassie to stay away from em. and i havnt heard to many stories after 04, in all honesty ive only heard about 3 total inclusive of this one... almost everyone ive talked to absolutly Loves there Powerstroke no mater what motor or year...

also read in an article recently that something like 97% of all Powerstrokes made are still on the road today. not bad being that well over 50% of diesel light trucks are D.I. Powerstrokes (figure doesnt include IDI)
:ford

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is a 10-03 built truck and i aint had no serious issues...the worst was with driveability, but the reflash corrected that:sweet

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Once again, with everything, you're going to have that one lemon out of lets say 1,000 or whatever.

But dayumn in 273 days you drove 105,000 miles. 384 miles a day=like almost a tank of gas a day.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Gas? The only gas a Super Duty diesel driver should have is the gas produced by a four course meal at Taco Bell!:D

edsf460

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had 2 duramax a 02 crew 4x4 dually loaded with 90k got totalled by some kid ran a light ran great and a 03 duramax same specs 170K both 300 hp duramax would run rings around my 325hp powerstroke I had some injector problems with the 03 but GM took care of them and even extended the warranty on them to 200K Ford did nothing but give me the run around with my powerstoke P.S. I have owned new Fords since 1983 Pick-ups, Broncos, and explorers I only bought my first Chevy because I couldn't find a ford f-350 for pulling anyplace

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58