6.0 Liter CCV Mod

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
I was over on The Diesel Stop wandering around and noticed alot of CCV Modification discussions for the 6.0 and 7.3. I know the oil eats away at the boots and that changing the boots to something like DieselSite sells cures the oil deterioration issue. There is also a brace to keep the pipe from vibrating and working itself out of the boots. My boots have the standard oily residue but no mechanical failures have occurred. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this setup from BD Performance or any other kit or homebrew solution like it? I kind of think between bracing the pipe, getting the new boots and doing some sort of CCV mod that I could get really close to making this problem nonexistant on my truck. What do you guys think? I'm really trying to approach my 6.0L ownership from a preventative maintenance standpoint hopefully to save me from some major headaches in the future.

Here is the BD Performance link:

BD Power - Product: Crank Case Vent Filters

It is so hotly debated over on The Diesel Stop I would like to hear from the guys on this board as to wether this is worthwhile.:hail Thanks for your time.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do a ccv Mod. and didn't know that BD had a new one out, so thanks for that, I'm looking into theirs,(price,etc.). I've been considering the Racor filter also. I hope the BD is less expensive,and as good or better.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
sorry im a retard what does the ccv stand for? i had oily boots alot on my 7.3 and didnt ever worry about it and i havent had any on my 6.0 until recently and i was noticing the other day that maybe the hose hade moved a lil bit is there a concern here or what ...just lookin for a lil info thanks-

dpantazis

Reaction score
i have the racor and like it. $275 shipped off of flea bay. search for my install pictorial. I think it was wirth it because of the clean mount and hose.

the BD filter is based on the Mann Provent. its a $175 filter.

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
i have the racor and like it. $275 shipped off of flea bay. search for my install pictorial. I think it was wirth it because of the clean mount and hose.

What is the Mann Provent. $175.? for a new filter when it needs to be changed? :dunno

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score

You're right, that installation couldn't be any cleaner. How does that filter drain the oil that is collected from the air flow? Does it drain directly back to the valve cover of the engine, or do you have to manually drain the housing every so often? It's too bad Racor doesn't have a ready made bolt in kit like that for the 6.0. I would basically have to build something to mimic the Provent/BD kit with one of Racor's filter kits and fab up my own catch can system.

When you had the Provent CCV set up on your truck was it easy to service? How hard was it to locate replacement filters for it? I'm just wondering because a ready made kit may be more effective than trying to build something. I haven't made my mind up yet, I'm just trying to get a feel for which set up will be less headaches in the long run. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14