Question 6.0 Liter Tuner / Which should I purchase?

VictorianFarms

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the edge chip on my old 2003 6.0 liter and it worked pretty good. That truck burned in a fire a few days ago and I purchased a 2006 to replace it. Stock 2006 with 45,000 miles on the motor. Not sure wether to purchased the SCT tuner or go back to the Edge chip. Edge has offered me the $899.00 chip for $649.00 because I am a return customer and because of the fire damage. I had the edge hot code but didnt use it very often. Fuel mileage wasnt very good with the edge. Any help would be appreciated! Also, what else do I need to do to this truck? EGR delete? Oil Cooler? I have a new cold air intake for it and I also want to get a new stainless exhaust with cat delete. Thanks for the help!!

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the edge chip on my old 2003 6.0 liter and it worked pretty good. That truck burned in a fire a few days ago and I purchased a 2006 to replace it. Stock 2006 with 45,000 miles on the motor. Not sure wether to purchased the SCT tuner or go back to the Edge chip. Edge has offered me the $899.00 chip for $649.00 because I am a return customer and because of the fire damage. I had the edge hot code but didnt use it very often. Fuel mileage wasnt very good with the edge. Any help would be appreciated! Also, what else do I need to do to this truck? EGR delete? Oil Cooler? I have a new cold air intake for it and I also want to get a new stainless exhaust with cat delete. Thanks for the help!!
Well if you do a lot of looking and reading the Edge tunes suck for most they are trany killers but they do have a great gauge. The Edge Insight CTS with the expandable pyro is the only way to go that way you are able to add different things to it. With 45K you have a good one check the ECT-EOT if under 10* do a coolant flush with the Restore and Restore+ to ditch the Ford gold crap and install a ELC CAT EC-1 Rated coolant BUT first install a coolant filter a must to remove the casting sand that plugs the oil cooler along with the silicate drop out from the gold crap. The New air intake is a waste of money and a turbo killer the stock intake good to 500HP and cleans better you need to know the health of the motor first did you get an Oasis Report.
If i were to tune it would be SCT Xcallibrator3 W/ Custom Tunes By Innovative Diesel or Matt at Gearhead the only safe tune for the trans and maybe stock head bolts.
SCT X3 Custom Innovative Diesel Tuning/ Edge CTS combo
Need a fuel pressure gauge because under 45lbs at WOT you are killing your injectors and over 70-75lbs at idle may blow injector o-rings.
Don't mean to go on, you may know all this having a 6L before i think you will like your new ride.;tu
2 stroker

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't go with a K&N Air Filter setup. They will let small dirt/dust particles through and it will eat up your turbo. Use the stock air filter as 2_Stroker said. What caused your truck to burn up???

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58