6.0 Litre aftermarket chip???

William La Touf

COBRA 6.0
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! I have a 2007 F-250 4wd with the 6.0 PSD. I'm thinking of adding an aftermarket Chip, 4" exhaust and an air intake set-up. My concern is if any of these items will void the factory warranty? My truck has a factory sticker on top of the core support that explains possible warranty issues involving aftermarket parts. Please enlighten me!!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Ride, 2007

Hello Will and Welcome to SSD.com. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile. Ford is taking a dim view of mods on there new truck these days. I put gages and a http://www.ansaautomotive.com/Silverline/index.html
I am staying away from the aftermarket Chip, and the air intake set-up.
We have heard that test prove that the stock air intakes do as good as after market. Good luck with your new truck. Tell us where you are from and post a picture of your new ride. Be very careful not to catch PMS by coming to this site. LOL:welcome :welcome

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put the SCT XCal in mine and had it dyno tuned and I absolutely love it. Ford can't void your warranty just for having aftermarket parts installed. They have to prove that the installed parts caused the problem. There is some kind of lawsuit that was won that made this policy. I forget what the name was though. I think it was like maguson or something. It might be google time fellas lol.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
umm,

!!!PainTrain!!! said:
I put the SCT XCal in mine and had it dyno tuned and I absolutely love it. Ford can't void your warranty just for having aftermarket parts installed. They have to prove that the installed parts caused the problem. There is some kind of lawsuit that was won that made this policy. I forget what the name was though. I think it was like maguson or something. It might be google time fellas lol.
First, welcome to the site! :welcome

Second, Ford CAN and WILL void your warranty if you have a tuner any tuner. now, your dealership may be nice and try to get it warrantied, but all major repairs get OK'd by Ford, and they all are on the lookout for tuners. etc.
I have heard and read stories about either one happening, some get the failure covered, and some don't.
Basically speaking, if you play, prepare to pay!

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome. You are right the dealers are on the look out for tuners and stuff of that nature. But I asked my service manager and he said that they can not void the warranty only because you have a tuner or aftermarket part. They can only void it if they aftermarket part causes or aids in the failure of the part you are trying to cover under warranty. But they probably pull out every excuse to say that it did anyways...so ya you are probably right:D

William La Touf

COBRA 6.0
Reaction score
Hi WD40!!! I also pull a fifth wheel trailer. It's a 2006 Montana 2955RL clocking in at 10,000 # dry. My poor V10 would'nt cut the musturd pulling this trailer up sunset point in Arizona. That's why we bought the Diesel. Hav'nt pulled the trailer yet with the '07, but the new truck should handle it. Always looking forward to camping. I'll get some pictures for everyone posted soon, just bought the truck and am very happy!!

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
i believe it was the magnuson moss act that led to that.
for instance they cant say your lift kit caused it to overheat, but they can deny if you have a tuner on there and smoked the motor.

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
lvtitan said:
i believe it was the magnuson moss act that led to that.
for instance they cant say your lift kit caused it to overheat, but they can deny if you have a tuner on there and smoked the motor.

Thats what I was trying to say. Thanks

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was having problems with my 2nd turbo, the dealer downloaded the computer info from my truck to Ford. Ford reviewed eveything and told the dealer there was an electrical problem with the turbo and gave permission to replace.

Ford will look for anything to void your warranty. Sure you can claim magnuson moss act but it will take you years to prove it. In the meantime your truck is not working or you have to spend your own money to fix.

It was very scary the info the computer logs while you are driving your truck. The downloaded log showed when I started the truck, if my seatbelt was on, how loud the radio was, how fast i was going, how much boost the turbo was making, how far the acceleration was depressed and the list went on and on.

Big brother really is watching and it's scary!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Mike, didn't know they were all ready doing this. Was this on your 2005 Ford Excursion? I drive my 6.0 hard most of the time. Everything is good so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14