Question 6.0 missing

firerescue1201

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my 2003 6.0 misses it does not throw a code but is very obvious i also have a sct programmer on it and if i change to a higher setting its very very bad

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey Firerescue1201 fill out your signature so we will know what you drive . This will help us help you. Go to the USER CP above and fill it out.

Dave

Silver6.0

Drinkin Diesel
Reaction score
Had the same problem a month ago, knew it was an injector, no code, took it in ford changed injector #6, lasted about 20 minutes till another went (#4) that lasted 2 days, then they changed #2 and #7 and havent had a problem for about 2 weeks.

My advice... don't be surprised if more than one end up going :sorry

focus1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rough

03 6.0 litres has the best high pressure oil system but the most problem matic injectors. If you are running stock pcm software ford has a new program with inductive heating to stop injectors sticking cold and it works great. also remember low fuel pressure and not purging air after fuel filter changes or water trap draining hurts injectors bad.

Silver6.0

Drinkin Diesel
Reaction score
Not sure what your asking about how bad it could screw them up, but to answer your setting a code question, no they dont always have to set a code. My truck all the sudden had a rough idle then around 50 mph would shake like crazy and since I used to work for as a tech for an international dealership (03-06) I had worked on several vehicles with the 6.0 (which is why I bought one :) )so I knew what a bad injector felt like. I took it in under warranty and 3 injectors later, which also no code after each one went bad im up and running. They do a cylinder contribution test or cutout test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14