6.0 mystery problem

thompson238

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One again I come to the fountain of knowledge for a drink!! My father drives a 2006 f450 with 6.0 and has had terrible luck with it lately . I will give the story and wait for all takers on what could possibly be wrong. 2006 f450 6.0 117k ,crossover tube changed, all injectors replaced , no codes in computer. This truck has been in two Ford dealerships and in two Diesel shops recomended by IH in our area. Now what the truck does..... Truck idels rough when cold, runs like a raped ape out of the hole then falls flat on its face at 75 miles hr,if you let out of the gas it will continue on at 75 but if you keep the pedal mashed it will start to slow down and will eventually go dead and will start right back up and will go through the same thing! About two weeks ago it got were it wouldnt start back up and has been towed of the side of the road several times and today was the latest tow! When it got to the Ford dealership today they jumped all over it and replaced 2 injectors (all 8 were replaced 3 mths ago) and scanned it and no codes and sent dad on his way, 6miles up the road and the tow truck had to come get him again. Any Ideas???

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pressure regulator on the small fuel filter housing causing low fuel pressure.this will also cause injector failure.and you could pos. have a bad/weak fuel pump on the frame real.sounds like the dealership needs to do a fuel press. test with there diag.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pressure regulator on the small fuel filter housing causing low fuel pressure.this will also cause injector failure.and you could pos. have a bad/weak fuel pump on the frame real.sounds like the dealership needs to do a fuel press. test with there diag.

;tu

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Go to the USER CP in the BLUE LINE above and fill out your signature.

Dave

x2... but Dave I think he is talking about his dads 06 450 with 117K on it... im assuming no mods since he didn't say it had any....

and fuel could be an issue.. it could be that electronic (or whatever it's called) go-pedal that they came out with a few years ago... we had to replace one on an 04.... who knows?

thompson238

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strokepower,
You are correct ! It was in the shop again over the weekend and this time it got a $500 fuel pump and 3 more injectors replaced! This makes 5 of 8 injectors they claim have failed with around 7k miles since all eight were replaced with new not rebuilt ones. We will see how long it runs this time! I still think they are just throwing parts at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14