6.0 no power

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys my brother in law has an 06 6.0 like most of you know, well This morning he went to punch it, and it went just fine. He got all the way to the ob se wh no issu. (bout 60 miles away)

When he got there he had to go to the parts store. When he left he had to punch it, and he got nothing, the boost gauge stayed on 0. He then left the red light and the boost gauge started moving and then once he got to third it dropped off ad has got nothing. His top speed is 60. His first thought is turbo, mine is HPOP or EGR. The more i think about it, its not sounding like hpop but more like EGR. I wouldnt think the turbo would be going out this soon, altho this is a 6.0...Any help would be appreciated. But i wouldnt be surprised if the turbo is gone.

No mods on this truck, just factory.

Thanks guys, work your magic!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it moving when he is punching it or nothing? I wouldn't totally rely on the boost gauge. If the turbo had gone out he would have heard something. How has the truck been running before? Did it run fine last night before he parked it? Any fluids anywere? Just some question to give myself a better idea and I am sure everybody else.

Oops my bad I see were you said once it gets to third there is nothing again.

Last edited:

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeh heres the kicker, its running perfect now. Its got to be a sensor or EGR related. it was when he tried to pass someone he had no power. And its not just the gauge, he couldnt hear the turbo anymore.

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Easy check, pull the intake duct and check for lateral movement of the impeller and/or broken vanes on the turbo. The impeller may be floating and freeing then binding. Also may be a bad waste gate actuator sticking.

Fine69

Reaction score
Easy check, pull the intake duct and check for lateral movement of the impeller and/or broken vanes on the turbo. The impeller may be floating and freeing then binding. Also may be a bad waste gate actuator sticking.

6.0's don't have waste gates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14