6.0 shutting down

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
This is for my Bosses 6.0 he has had troubles with it shutting down while driving it down the road he said he can usually can put it in neutral and starts right back up. But now it does not start as easy he has to wait longer also the oil pressure is reading 0psi it seems to run fine when it is running. He brought it to the dealer they said nothing was wrong, the next day it started doing it again. Where is the oil pressure sender on these motors? I am thinking the sender is going and causing the truck to shut down.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
This is for my Bosses 6.0 he has had troubles with it shutting down while driving it down the road he said he can usually can put it in neutral and starts right back up. But now it does not start as easy he has to wait longer also the oil pressure is reading 0psi it seems to run fine when it is running. He brought it to the dealer they said nothing was wrong, the next day it started doing it again. Where is the oil pressure sender on these motors? I am thinking the sender is going and causing the truck to shut down.

I'm not sure the 6 leaker fuel pump circuit is wired that way..
that was mainly a GM gasser thing in the 90's..

be a good guessing spot to start, though..
oil sender is left front of the block IIRC

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
he had it towed to the dealer. It is a 04 with over 200,000 miles he has nothing but troubles with it since he got it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58