6.0 starting ?

bud

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 04 6.0 (40000mi) rolls over around 3-4 seconds befor firing is that normal. Just bought it so i dont know if thats normal. Its alot slower to fire than my 97 7.3.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Yep it's normal, my 06 doesn't catch near as fast as the good ole '95 did.
Makes ya wonder sometimes doesn't it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It has to do with the HP oil pump building enough pressure for the injectors to fire properly. I know it seems long, but you will get used to it. The computer will do nothing untill you get enough oil pressure (something like 27,000 pounds per sqr inch). It takes less to start but you get the idea.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Dave
My starts are getting a bit long in the tooth now as well.
coming up on an oil change thsi week at 5k, and if i use the remote start, 1 out of three tries it will not catch the first attempt. then it times out and wil retry in 30 secnds, then it start
Robert
DaveBen said:
It has to do with the HP oil pump building enough pressure for the injectors to fire properly. I know it seems long, but you will get used to it. The computer will do nothing untill you get enough oil pressure (something like 27,000 pounds per sqr inch). It takes less to start but you get the idea.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything like remote start, so I am not able to offer any ideas on that. It may be a problem with the remote unit not grinding the starter long enough. But like I said, I don't know.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
\Dave
come to think of it, it does only turn over for about 1 1/2 seconds , i may go over today and have put in a longer turn over cycle
my timer is a minute for turbo cool down which is about 3 to short.
the new exhaust helps trememdously on cool down
stil hangs at 400 then slowly drops to the 350 range

DaveBen said:
I don't have anything like remote start, so I am not able to offer any ideas on that. It may be a problem with the remote unit not grinding the starter long enough. But like I said, I don't know.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58