6.0 with overheating issues

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after all my tearing apart and replacing thing I discovered the problem yesterday and I feel stupid I realized sometimes you have to walk away from it for awhile. The reason I didn't look at this sooner was I replaced it 1-1/2 years ago, any thought to what this could be?

It was the freaking water pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worse part is when I replaced the fan clutch I thought about pulling it but said no I have already replaced that it cant be bad, guess what I was wrong!

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
Are you saying that the water pump that you replaced 1 1/2 years ago was bad??

Now I am wondering if I should be looking at that my water pump too.
:doh::doh::doh:

My water pump was also recently replaced and now I am getting brown water and excessive steam pressure in my degas bottle.

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
Okay, I am sure that I can figure it out but how difficult was it to replace the water pump??? (if you did it your self). Do they offer a metal water pump?

Basically I am wondering if you have to remove the radiator to get to the pump?

Second question:
When did you start noticing the temp difference? I believe that, on my truck, I am getting a low flow issue right now that will increase to a full over heating issue in the future.

Last edited:

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
I can't find that list of interchangeable international parts... i wonder if they have a different water pump? Of course better..... I'll keep looking too

Last edited:

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its easy to replace once you get your clutch off, I had no problem removeing it on mine. It takes about 2 hours in all! I have not found anything better as far as waterpumps.

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to remove the radiator, fan shroud, fan, clutch, serpentine belt then you can get to the water pump!

My issue happened overnight, the temp didn't slowly increase it went from normal to through the roof depending on the speed I was doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58