6.0L diesel problem

jon dietrich

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I have a question about a 2006 F350 6.0 L with 140,000 miles I recently bought. I've had it in my garage for 2 days. It is about 50 degrees in there and I went to start it and it turned over then died. I did this about 7 times. Finally I turned the key for about 10 seconds and pumped the pedal and it kept running at really rough idle for about 20 seconds and now it starts fine.Then after I shut it off it sounds like the fuel pump is running for about 20 seconds every time I shut it off. or a relay is stuck or something. Does anybody have an answer about these problems. Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Change your fuel filters. There are two of them, one on the Driver's frame rail and one on top of the motor. The fuel pump should shut off after about 15 seconds. Any longer and something is going on, like a leak or dirty fuel filter. Oh :welcome Jon.

Dave

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Dave said it could be fuel filters, was it weak turning over then started or started and just ran bad for about 20 sec, both are bad on injectors.
2 stroker

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change your fuel filters as Dave said but before you start the truck,
cycle the key 4 or five time for 10 to 15 sec each time, that should let it start easy.
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, is way up there. Are you running #1 or treated
Diesel this time of year? Welcome to SSD.com.

Doug

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg