6.0L Question

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at possibly purchasing a used 2007 Ford F-250 Crewcab Longbed Lariat 6.0 Diesel 4wd. It has a 3" lift with 35"s and other than that is stock. It has 39,000 miles (it went in service in Sept 06) and they are selling it for $26,000 at the dealer it is at. I have a oasis report and its a good truck mechanically. It has a clean carfax as well.

My question is it has heated seats and the seat heater is bad in the drivers seat. Is that something hard to replace and is it expensive? Since it is out of warranty and the truck has been on the lot for a while (not a big demand for 3/4 ton trucks around here so they sit for several months usually) they dropped the price. They said they would fix the seat put the price would go up 1500. I was wondering if anyone thinks 26,000 is a good price for this truck. It seems fairly solid and drives great. Starts right up, doesn't smoke, lots of power and runs great.

Thanks

Justin

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last July I purchased the 2005 dually below bone stock w/45K miles for $31,000 CAD +taxes. I thought it was a good deal so $26K US sounds like a good deal to me for an 07.

$1500 sounds a little high just to repair a heated seat? Doesn't it? I can't see the heating element costing anymore than a couple hundred bucks ($300 max) and the switch can't be anymore than a hundred I wouldn't think? hmmm......

I think they are trying to squeak an extra G-note out of you for doing nothing. :dunno

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 1500, I wouldn't have them fix the heated seat. I have them and hardly every use them.
Doug

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea heated seats are nice to have but not a absolute requirement. im probably going to go down there and talk to them tomorrow and possibly buy it. Then i will have a 6.0 again :)

(I currently have a 6.4 for my business and a 7.3 as well for my business)

Fine69

Reaction score
Theres a reason those trucks sit so long, nobody wants them due to fuel prices. Most people are afraid prices will shoot back up, and face it, most people dont NEED a diesel pickup. I would tell them fix the seat or walk. They won't want to sit on that truck longer due to a seat heater, you'll most likely get it for that price. That truck around here wouldn't go for anything over $24,000 tops.

Last edited:

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to the manager today at the dealer and asked him about that issue. He said the lowest he would go is 24,200 and he would go in half on the seat. He would cover the labour and i would cover the parts. He had a estimate from the service dept for about 135 in parts and about 650+ in labor. I would prefer that he cover it all but 135 is not going to hurt me when im spending 24,000 on a truck that is otherwise great shape lol. just wanted to keep ya up to date. I am going to go talk to him in person tomorrow about it.

Fine69

Reaction score
I talked to the manager today at the dealer and asked him about that issue. He said the lowest he would go is 24,200 and he would go in half on the seat. He would cover the labour and i would cover the parts. He had a estimate from the service dept for about 135 in parts and about 650+ in labor. I would prefer that he cover it all but 135 is not going to hurt me when im spending 24,000 on a truck that is otherwise great shape lol. just wanted to keep ya up to date. I am going to go talk to him in person tomorrow about it.

That sounds like a fair deal to me. If you like it, and most important, can afford it, I'd say go for it! Let us know what you decide, and post some pics if you buy it. Good Luck!

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks and i will post pics if i get it. Hopefully the deal goes well tomorrow and all the prices and everything can be finalized to where i like them. This truck has been on the lot for about 1month. I have been eying it for quite some time but there was no way i was gonna spend what they were asking at first lol. They were asking $31,500. That's not too far off from a new 08'. Im glad i have waited i think i will have a good truck

Last edited:

apextrans

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey, keep this in mind too. We are into the last week of the year here. These dealerships are dying to unload inventory right now so they don't pay taxes on what they carry over to 2009 floorplans & inventory. I doubt they will let you walk out if you stand firm on them fixing the seat 100%. If you really wanted to be a ***** you could beat them up on the price a little further & get away with it most likely. You might have to walk out & give it a day but I'd be willing to bet you'd here from them before Dec.31. Just another bargining chip in your pocket.

dieselredneckva

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i went that route as well but the dealer i am dealing with does not have any new 08's in stock that have the exact options i would like. A lot of them are Up fitted work trucks or just don't have the options i want. Although if the price is right i might be persuaded to take one :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14