6.0L Questions

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
you never took it to the dealer for the leak when it was under warranty ? mine gets a little bit of wet spot on the side of the block, but never enough to drip in the driveway. i would love to get that kind of mileage, even when it was stock, it was never over 11 empty. it would really bother me if the truck had no power, but since it ran so strong, i never tried to do anything about it.

Why have the dealer screw with the truck. I've read about and continue to read the diesel forums about this engine with all the leak concerns.

I'm used to the Big 3 engines leaking, wether built inhouse or by someone else.

If the engine starts pouring oil out all over the ground, then I'll fix it. Till then, I expect it to stay relatively moist as it has been for many good miles.

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why have the dealer screw with the truck. I've read about and continue to read the diesel forums about this engine with all the leak concerns.

I'm used to the Big 3 engines leaking, wether built inhouse or by someone else.

If the engine starts pouring oil out all over the ground, then I'll fix it. Till then, I expect it to stay relatively moist as it has been for many good miles.

Neither of my PSs has ever had a leak to be concerned with...am quite often getting comments about how clean it is under the bonnet. My Dodge with the Cummins is quite another story...hard to keep things clean with all the oil-seapage but still nothing to be concerned with mechanically. Never had to add oil to any of my units and religiously change oil at approx 20>25 thousand kliks (12>15 thousand miles)... my oil samples are good

Be well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58