6.0L running rough please help!

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that recently bought an 05 F350 with a 6.0L and a 5R110 automatic. He also purchased a Bully dog power pup programmer and an AFE cold air intake. A couple days after he installled the new parts his truck started to run real rough, almost like it has dropped an injector. The motor has a slight vibration/miss right of idle and seems to go away at higher rpms. The only codes I have got out of it with the programmer are UO232, PO404, and UO407. Can anybody translate these for me? Thanks, P.

Last edited:

DA-HEAT

The First Stroker
Reaction score
The only code there I see that could cause a miss concern would be the P0404=EGR performance/range insufficient I'm not real familiar w/ the other two codes. One thing to check would be to remove the egr valve and check for excessive build up in the intake I have saw them miss because of extreme build up in intake. Another thing is to check intake for signs of water/coolant in the egr passages in the intake if an egr cooler has blown most of the time there is coolant in the intake and that will make them miss as well. Just a simple thing to check might not be the problem but w/the egr code it is a good place to start my :2c

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
patrick-

according to my diagnostic code sheet:
p0404=egr control circuit range/performance; is the condition
+/- .10 egrp error from command to actual egrp during normal driving condition; is the fault/trigger
faulty egr sensor, valve or pcm entegrity of egr position circuit; is the probable cause(s)

as for the 2 'u' codes, sorry - not listed..:dunno

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Does it still do this, with the bully dog removed and the truck set back to stock? Also try turning the truck off, and just unplug the EGR valve then start again, and see if that changes anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58