6.0's Running BD or WVO?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
fords standard answer is not more than 5% BIO :(
HOWEVER i have run a few tanks of filtered peanut oil, diluted to 1:29.something, i filled up drove home and added one gallon clean peanut
youd think they would be going ape for bio by now

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
I am currently on my second tank of B20. I have not (knock on wood) had any problems yet. Slight drop in mileage but to me it is worth it. I am going to have to take a look at my fuel filters here pretty soon to see how they look.

Trapper

jd87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run straight WVO when mine's done. I'll be using the kit from vegistroke.com. We've converted a lot of 7.3 Turbos, 7.3 powerstrokes, and cummins' to run on it, but this will be our first 6.0, and our first bought kit. I have a great uncle in Louisiana that converted his '04 when it was new and says he still hasn't had any problems. He just makes sure that it's good and warm before he switches tanks and keeps an eye on his filters.

jdr01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
B-100 from day one. I bought the truck last march and just kept putting in the bio as soon as I had room. Dealer was nice enough to give me some space in the tank. I thought it was supposed to be full when I picked it up. 20,000 miles and doing well untill temps finally dropped. Now I'm on the dino diesel untill temps warm up or I get motivated to put in a heated system. My 7.3 also loved the home brew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58