6.4 banjo bolt mod

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
My truck is in the shop getting arp's,, egr delete and oil cooler. Is it worth it to do the banjo bolt mod or a bad idea because of no check valve in the 6.4 bolts?

f100cleveland

Reaction score
There is a check valve in the 6.0 banjo bolt and not in the 6.4 bolt. The reason for replacing it is for better flow but the check valve must of been in there for a purpose. I know some guys on here have done this and just would like to know if it helps or just one of those useless mods or a harmfull one.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.0L fuel banjo bolts have a check valve inside them. This is supposed to prevent system spikes. For the 6.4L trucks the fuel banjo bolts do not have the check valves. The 6.4L bolts end up having a larger opening to feed fuel to the rails. So people will "upgrade" to the 6.4L banjos.

When used with the updated fuel pressure spring (blue spring mod) it's a move towards improving the fuel system. Add to that a AirDog system to provide clean air-free fuel and your injectors will live a long life.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I have a bb under the stock spring but have the part no. for blue spring and 6.4 banjo bolts. Have to run the parts from sinister diesel to the dealer so will get parts for fuel system then. Dealer told me ficm is shot too. Lucky Me

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck is in the shop getting arp's,, egr delete and oil cooler. Is it worth it to do the banjo bolt mod or a bad idea because of no check valve in the 6.4 bolts?

I just did the Blue spring and Banjo bolts per Innovatives suggestion.. Decently easy job, truck does runa little better.. Have not seen negative effect in last 3 weeks from at all.. Runs better cold it seems than it used to..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg