6.4 l power steering

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO recently i been having trouble with turning it seems to be hard to turn it feels like the powersteering is working then its not it feels like driving a classic without power steering you gotta be rolling to turn easier i dunno if im making sense , but has anyone had this problem at all i've heard on the 6.0 L's there was an issue , like is it building to much pressure inside the gear box ?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was reading about this on other forums and alot of huys have been exp this,mostly the wheel doesnt want to return to center,and also just being hard in general.so they had the gearbox replace and it solved the issue,that what i would do.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
first thing is to be sure that there is no leaks and the fluid level is ok. then, you should bring it to the dealer, because it MUST still be under warranty?

is there a pattern of when it happens? how do the brakes feel when the steering is hard?

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea its still under warranty , not to long ago bout 2 weeks ago i had the radiator replaced at the same time the the power steering was re-sealed because it was leaking , the wheel doesnt want to return to center when im goin on a turn it just sticks and also when im parking and backing up it gets hard to turn the brakes feel fine though

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
sounds like a tight box ( :) giggle) and i would have the dealer look into it. sounds like it may be a service bulletin already from what 97' says.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well they got me scheduled for this tuesday with a free rental car probably another lame focus , the service manager said from how i explained it that the there is to much pressure in there so there gonna look at it 97' is right they will most likely replace the gearbox

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got my truck back and they replaced the powersteering gearbox 97' was right now the truck runs fine now lets see how long before the next thing goes wrong i got my fingers and toes crossed that nothing more will happen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58