6.4 liter?????????????

dag

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just read an article in Autoweek (8/15/05)that says Ford is to introduce new 6.4psd
in 2007 Superduties
First I have heard of it
Anyone??????????????

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Supposedly the 6.0 is going away due to its inability to meet 07 EPA emission standards. So rumor central says it is being replaced with a 6.4 (bored out 6.0) that has a twin turbo.

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.4 has been on the Dyno at IH for over a year and a half. I have seen some camera phone pictures from a friend who works at IH. These were taken over 2 years ago. IH is putting a ton of R&D into this to get it righ the 1st time. I was told in stock form the engine is capeable of some serious HP with just tuning. Last year when i saw the picture he said they had blown up a bunch of them pushing the HP limits to find the weak links.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
But what accutally ends up in the Ford Trucks will be a mistery till they ship them or officialy SAY what is going in them.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nevrnf said:
The 6.4 has been on the Dyno at IH for over a year and a half. I have seen some camera phone pictures from a friend who works at IH. These were taken over 2 years ago. IH is putting a ton of R&D into this to get it righ the 1st time. I was told in stock form the engine is capeable of some serious HP with just tuning. Last year when i saw the picture he said they had blown up a bunch of them pushing the HP limits to find the weak links.

There are a lot of differences, however, in the engine IH makes and the engine Ford puts in their trucks, e.g. the T444E and the VT365 are both great engines, but the 7.3 PSD and the 6.0 have more than a few retarded Ford-added features that screw up a perfectly fine engine.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg