6.4 twins

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
just read this in my latest 'dieselpower' mag and i quote:
"6.4 tt power stroke?
Will ford squeeze a tt setup on top of a bored out 6L engine for 2007? If you believe what you read on the internet, it just might! Rumors have been running wild ever since the public found out international offers two sequential turbochargers on its 4.5L v-6, which is just 3/4 of fords 6L ps. We say the 6L is too new for ford to abandon, but with a new block casting the architecture should be capable of handling the larger displacement and high-power requirements. Other ps rumors have surfaced in LA where camouflaged sd duelies have been seen running around public streets on an urban test loop.":thumbs

don't know how to read between the lines here! does this mean the will release in 07 or wait til 08?:confused:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Old news. The 6.0 engine won't meet the new emission standards for ultra low sulfur fuel. The new 6.4 engine will. The EPA is giving the automakers a one-year extension because the refiners currently do not have the capacity to make the fuel required to meet the target date that was originally set. Ford is not discontinuting the use of the 6.0 engine EXCEPT for that reason alone. The 6.4 is based on the 6.0 design, but has according to reports in the automotive press, common rail fuel injection, twin turbos in line, and a particulate filter to trap all of the "nasty stuff" the EPA says is bad about our engines (HA!) That $5000 option should be about a $7000-$8000 option because of those changes mandated by unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats.:doh:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
rray-
we all know and understand that, but has there been a diffinative answer as to when the new engine/body will be available? if not til 08, then what, if any changes will be on the '07 6L? model?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
Old news. The 6.0 engine won't meet the new emission standards for ultra low sulfur fuel. The new 6.4 engine will. The EPA is giving the automakers a one-year extension because the refiners currently do not have the capacity to make the fuel required to meet the target date that was originally set. Ford is not discontinuting the use of the 6.0 engine EXCEPT for that reason alone. The 6.4 is based on the 6.0 design, but has according to reports in the automotive press, common rail fuel injection, twin turbos in line, and a particulate filter to trap all of the "nasty stuff" the EPA says is bad about our engines (HA!) That $5000 option should be about a $7000-$8000 option because of those changes mandated by unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats.:doh:

ray
i got to add a small (what the heck were they thinking here)
if my 06 6.0 is listed as an ULTRA LOW EMISSION Vehicle, what will be the new ones? ULTRA ULTRA Low? I work with the enviro folks all day and these guys are starting to SCARE me

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
A little off topic but aren't "twins" two identical turbos like Lingenfelter puts on the Vettes...one for each bank? I thought the 6.4L was compounded...a high and a low pressure charger in-line:confused: .

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll have 2 egr's to unplug too. Can't wait to see how complex this engine is. Were just scratching the surface of 6.0's in all reality and now this.