6.4L computer glitch?

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I started up the truck (cold start) and it ran like crap. It sounded like it was running on half the cylinders. I tried to get going in it, but it wouldn't even accelerate without stumbling and nearly cutting out.

I stopped the truck, restarted the engine, and everything was fine afterwards. Sounds like there was some sort of computer glitch that was corrected with a restart. (reboot?)

I had no problems the rest of the day.

At first I thought this was part of the exhaust cleaning, but it ran too bad to be that.

Anyone every have this happen?

Mileage is 11,000 miles.

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
Yesterday I started up the truck (cold start) and it ran like crap. It sounded like it was running on half the cylinders. I tried to get going in it, but it wouldn't even accelerate without stumbling and nearly cutting out.

I stopped the truck, restarted the engine, and everything was fine afterwards. Sounds like there was some sort of computer glitch that was corrected with a restart. (reboot?)

I had no problems the rest of the day.

At first I thought this was part of the exhaust cleaning, but it ran too bad to be that.

Anyone every have this happen?

Mileage is 11,000 miles.
I had the same proper when installing my edge programmer, but then edge sent me another one and it has run fine ever since. I would definatly say its your computer.

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a week and the problem hasn't happened again. I'm not too worried about it. I didn't get a check engine light. Do these trucks have one?? I see the check engine when I start the truck, so I assume there is one.

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
It's been a week and the problem hasn't happened again. I'm not too worried about it. I didn't get a check engine light. Do these trucks have one?? I see the check engine when I start the truck, so I assume there is one.
Yes, these truck's do have check engine lights!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14