6.4L Discussion Information

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Folks,

Lets utilize this forum as a place to discuss what we know about the 6.4L PSD engine, drivetrain and body configurations. For now we will let it be a "run what ya brung" forum. As more and more concrete information becomes available we will try to keep things updated and "real" here. When all the finalities are released on the 6.4 we can save whats important and remove the incorrect info. But I suspect that in the close upcoming months, there will be orders placed for the 07 models, so this will give us a place to consolidate info. If there are threads currently strewn throughout the forums concerning the new platform, please drop a moderator a PM and it can be moved here.

This link from the Ford Doctors will get you started :sweet

:thanks

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I spoke to a Ford New car salesman last week here in Alberta and he said they just got word that the 6.4 won't be out until July of 08. Anyone hear the latest on when they're out for sale?

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
6.4 arrival

All depends on when they stop production of the 6.0L. The 6.0L is not 2007 emission complient, but they can still mount pre 07 motors in 07 trucks untill supply is out. I am assuming that production on the 6.0 will end at the end of this year leaving some 6.0s to put in the 07 trucks. Any truck with the 07 emission motor is classified as a 08 quote from Kenworth Dealer

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Should be earlier than that, most of them around here have said Late Jan, Early Feb ;)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Big K said:
Should be earlier than that, most of them around here have said Late Jan, Early Feb ;)

the service manager here in albertville, al, told me last week that he had heard that they were being pushed back to late spring or so because of reported trouble with the turbos. again, just what he heard.

:dunno

[email protected]

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I ordered one!!

I ordered an '08 6.4 Super Duty on January 29 in Reno Nevada. I was told it would be 60-90 days. They thought they would have one on the lot by mid February. I can't wait....:D
I spoke to a Ford New car salesman last week here in Alberta and he said they just got word that the 6.4 won't be out until July of 08. Anyone hear the latest on when they're out for sale?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I ordered an '08 6.4 Super Duty on January 29 in Reno Nevada. I was told it would be 60-90 days. They thought they would have one on the lot by mid February. I can't wait....:D
Looking forward to getting a report from you when you get it.

Welcome to SDD!

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
I ordered a f350 crewcab lariat two weeks ago and they told me 6 to 8 weeks. I ordered the stereo with 8 speakers and sub. Friend has that and said the sound was awesome.I really liked the smoothness and quiet of the engine. Had to turn the radio off to hear it.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Well my truck came in yesterday. They let me take it home to take the missus for a ride and man I can't get over how quiet it is. It's back now having a spray in boxliner, Retrax roll top cover, window visors, bug deflector, mudflaps and bluetooth Mobile-Ease installed. They hope to have it ready for me by Friday or Saturday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58