6.4L Loss of Power, Running Rough

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First decent trip (100 miles) with my 09 F350 6.4L. Came out of the last toll booth, got on it, and went NOWHERE. Engine RPM's went up but the trans didnt shift and the Boost gauge was spiked at 40 PSI. But after a few seconds everything seemed ok. Went another 10-15 Miles, got off the exit and came to the first traffic light. Came to a stop and the truck just about stalled. Pulled off into the nearest parking lot and shut the truck down. Checked under the hood, everything, no evidence of anything wrong. Went to start the engine, barely started.. had to crank for about 10 seconds before it would fire and ran rough the whole time. Fortunetly a Ford dealership was only about a mile down the road so I was limped there. Mechanic took it right into the garage.. Plugged it in... says half the motor isnt firing!!!! service manager almost fell down when I told him the mileage on the truck, 480 miles!!!! not too pleased....:confused: any thoughts out there??

Fine69

Reaction score
Be sure to let us know what the problem is when you get it fixed. I have an 09 on order, I'd hate to have the same issues I'm having with the 6.0

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i definetly will let you know what happens. Same here too, I had a 06 6.0L and traded it for this.... starting to wish i kept it

nhff2

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well Ford has had my truck since Saturday afternoon, on Wed afternoon i got a call from the service manager telling me that the only problem they can find is that I had 4 bad injectors!!! 480 miles on the truck and I have bad injectors... wonderful! Might have the truck back by the weekend. I will update when I get the truck back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58