6.7 L Powerstroke for 2011

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure hope this sucker will do the job, that we Ford Truck owners want our trucks to do and not spend to much time in the shop.
I want Power and TQ. and lots of it. LOL
Doug

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good! I have been waiting for this info to come out. I think I see a 2012 King Ranch in my future. ( want to give them a year to work out the bugs )

Scot

;()
Reaction score
This is going to bum out some die hard manual fans.

Ford officially says the standard manual transmission is gone as of the 2011 model year. The take rate was too low to justify continuing production of the ZF-source 6-speed handshaker. The rear cover of the new engine follows an SAE 12 bolt standard that allows Ford to mate almost any HD automatic transmission to the back of the mill.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Looks too complicated to be trouble free! I foresee major warranty work in the future.

The Great Carnak

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
aluminum heads? :(
Composite pan :dunno
Forged rods :sweet
I can see an opportunity doing handshaker implants in the future :sly

95th percentile Super Duty customers, hmm wonder if I qualify...

I have mixed emotions :D

Last edited:

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an interesting engine. 95th percentile handles nearly everyone that uses it for something less than a hard core work truck. I am thinking that the top 5 percentile would be hotshots, people that constantly tow heavy around town, etc. Since I am one that tows a lot, but have had no problems with my 6.0, I am curious how this engine would work for me. I do like the power outputs, though.

Since they have the standard 12 bolt SAE transmission mount, I see that there are a lot of possibilities for transmission transplants. If you have to have a manual, which I think is silly with the current technology, there will be choices out there, if you want to transplant.

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd wait a couple of years though, for Ford to work out most the kinks.
What's your thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58