6.7l

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I have over 6000 miles on mine. 2800+ towing with no complaints. Empty mileage is between 16 and 17mpg.(3.55 gears) The lie-o-meter is actually acurate. Engine is very quiet. With the radio on and windows up you don't hear any enigine or road noise. That will change soon when I get an aFe intake and some different tires.

Only complaint is the stock tires are terrible off road. I didn't expect them to be great but they haven't even lived up to my lowered expectations.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i will second the quiet
i was in stop go traffic next to one.... i rolled down my windows and it was just a peaceful mechanical purrrrrrrrr

dpantazis

Reaction score
what is your urea usage like? what are you using and where are you getting it?
what is the stock air filter-ais type?
pics under the hood and other interesting areas?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Geez, How boring is that!!!!:D

actually i kin it to being very similar to a big fat P/W radial recip. on low idle, just all rollers and smooth valves, the supercharger sort of on low howl and the feel of power as the big prop swings by your head,

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
what is your urea usage like? what are you using and where are you getting it?
what is the stock air filter-ais type?
pics under the hood and other interesting areas?

Urea usage is about 1 gallon to 1000 miles. I've bought two gallons at a truckstop in MT for about $8.50/gal. Bought 2.5 gallons at the dealership for about $19.95. Local parts stores are not yet carrying it. I didn't see many truckstops carrying it on our trip from NY to WA either.

I haven't even popped the filter housing to look but judging from the pics of the aFe drop ins it looks to be a flat filter similar to the stock filter on my old 7.3.

No pics under the hood yet. Very confusing under there. Lots of wires and plastic. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

The air intake has a huge silencer built in that will be going away soon when I put an aFe intake on it. Reviews are saying it makes the engine sound much better and adds some SOTP performance. We have a local dyno day coming up on the 31st that I plan to get a baseline at.

Lots of stuff looks different compared to my 2000. I've only been under trucks with 7.3s and one '09 550 so I couldn't tell you what's new from the later model trucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58