Question 6 litre quit

jamzin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 2006 F250 suddenly quit with out any warnings.
It was towed to the local Ford dealer and diagnost as needing Fuel Injector Module. That didn't fix it and now I am waiting on a High Pressure Oil Pump to be installed. After it was installed they found an injecter pressure regulator bad and replaced it. She still won't run, any ideas?
She has 24000 miles and had been running fine till this. I'm stuck in W. Va. for 6 days now.
Thanks

Last edited:

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh if it happens before 5 yrs or 100,000 miles...No it should be fixed for good this time. The newer parts ive heard are designed better.

indyatv

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine has been at the ford shop for over one month same problem
got it back on 7-3 called them 7-6 told them it wouldnt start again they will toll to shop again $3000spent so far

jamzin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What have they done besides the Fuel Injector Mod and High Pressure Oil Pump?
I've been stuck in Wheeling WV for 6 nights now ( was enjoying vacation and on my way back to Florida, towing a 39' RV ).
Ford dealer promised truck back yesterday but has not delivered. Somethings wrong and they won't tell me what has happened.

indyatv

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
they have replaced both fuel rails installed
update for high pressure pump inlet side
replaced all the orings to every fuel injector and something about some plugs in the heads were leaking they had to reseal i think it is fuel injectors leaking off but we will see sometime in the future.i hope

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim