6.o remote start?

icarus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Looking at a remote start for an '06 6.0 F350. As Winter draws near, it'd sure be nice to enjoy another cup of coffee in the house while the rig get's warm. My dealer had one and pretty much just said "You can make it work, you can have it!" The thing looked like a spiderweb of wires a nd connections...

Anybody running one and who's is it?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i don't know too much about them... i just know when i had a viper on my 03 i had that options... but we don't have gassers so i would be extra caustious as to who installs it...

stereoduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im an installer for Car Toys in Colorado and have done so many in Super Dutys that its hard to count! It is so very worth it! It is not the easiest to do if you have not done one before. If you do have someone do this for you make sure they are MECP (mobile electronics certification program) certified. Always go with a reputable local shop. Best Buy does not have the best installers! Some are qualified but most Best Buys wont even do these systems. The 3 most reliable and trustworthy systems out there are made by D.E.I. and are: Viper, Python, and Clifford. You can go to Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start | Home Theater | Satellite Radio | Car Audio & Video and see what they have available. A lot of these systems are alarm/remote start combo units which is your best option. You can protect the vehicle and start it. I know this was kind of a ramble but if you have any more questions let me know.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
wow looky there.... you start a thread and get a new stereo guy to make is first post... gotta love this site!!1

stereoduty welcome to SDD.com and i have to say that is one of the most productive first posts i've seen...

stereoduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
well thanks man! I might be new here but not new to the aftermarket world!! I can be helpful with lots of stereo and security/remote start questions but will be looking for you guys to help me with some Super Duty stuff!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
well thanks man! I might be new here but not new to the aftermarket world!! I can be helpful with lots of stereo and security/remote start questions but will be looking for you guys to help me with some Super Duty stuff!

we can do that... there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here... when you get a chance click on the User CP tab at the to of the page... then scroll down the left side and click on edit signature... fill out what you have... kinda like what ya see under everyones posts.... so we know what truck/mods/etc you have...

icarus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Having installed these in an '06 6.0 DIESEL which of the systems that are mentioned actually worked? I'm curious as to how the remote start accounts for the pre heat of the glow plugs prior to cranking.

stereoduty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Having installed these in an '06 6.0 DIESEL which of the systems that are mentioned actually worked? I'm curious as to how the remote start accounts for the pre heat of the glow plugs prior to cranking.

The remote starts have a built in "wait to start" which is adjustable from 5-60 seconds to allow the glow plugs to warm up before it cranks. All of the systems made by DEI are top quality systems. Have you looked at Directed Electronics - Security & Remote Start | Home Theater | Satellite Radio | Car Audio & Video You should to see all that they have to offer. Some have alarms and some are just remote start systems. I am 100% positive they will have a system that will fit your needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58