6 - speed?

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to look at a '99 F250 w/ 6 speed tranny. Any body got thoughts, likes or dislikes? I'm not sure of the miles, or if the truck is still on the lot. So, a little advice is welcomed.:watchout

cvdenson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the 6sp and love it! I like to be in control of the rpms. My mileage is great. I'm getting between 18/19 in the city and 20/21 on the highway.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 6sp and love it! I like to be in control of the rpms. My mileage is great. I'm getting between 18/19 in the city and 20/21 on the highway.

Me Too ;tu

There are a few things to look at and think about when buying a New To You Super Duty.. But the 6 speed manual tranny aint one of'm.

Very stout, trustworthy tranny, and I'm sure others will agree.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, we are gonna look at the dealer and see if it is still there. I'll let you know what I come up with.

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 6 speed. Only thing I'm planning on doing to it is installing a Luk clutch with a solid flywheel. I have about 120,000 on the clock and the only thing I had to replace was the slave cylinder, but that can happen to any truck. It's really nice to be able to keep the RPM's where you want. I really like being able to keep it in a higher gear when driving in the snow.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is still on the lot, it has an oil leak and a broken sway bar mount that I can see, plus some damage in the left bed side. They want $5950 for it, think I'll offer a little less and see if I can play the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14