7.3, CTD, Banks/Duramax Showdown!

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The deal has been sealed. Sometime in the next month or so, when the weather is fair and we can put a hog on coals in the ground without our parkas....me, my kid brother, and Will are going to do a run-off/pull-off.

The entrants:

Me/truck in my siggy
Kid bro, Billy/'05 QuadCab 2500 w/CTD
Will/R20 2500 Crew Cab w/Banks assisted Duramax

Events: Follow-the leader over varying terrain without trailers; Follow-the-leader over varying terrain with near identical loaded car haulers; Timed pull-off over known distance course with 31' Kit Companion 11,480# 5er.

Also in attendance and may or may not participate: Dave, my longtime "professional driver" friend with his brand spankin' new 3500 QuadCab dually w/CTD he just picked up over in MO yesterday. Not 5er equipped as he pulls a 42' goose for TSD out of Texarkana. You might note that I had Dave hooked up in a deal on an '03 Super Duty Crew Cab Dually w/7.3 and 36K miles for a giveaway price....he opted for the Dodge because "the Ford diesels are notoriously unreliable....check the web."

Every year we come up with something like this. Last year it was 7K loaded trailer pull-off between my '95 F-250HD std cab longbed w/5.8L and my '99 4dr Jimmy 4x4 w/4.3 Vortec and "supertow" package. Believe it or not, the Jimmy kicked the F-250's tail.

Comments/predictions welcomed here.:thumbs

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58