7.3 down

99miller

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi i just started my truck getting ready to levee and had it warming up and it died and wount start but not only that the wate to start light wount come on and it dont start eather its a 99 7.3 with 221,000 miles and i dont know much about diesel thanks for your help

99miller

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
a friend said cps but it seem weird that the glow plug light dont come on any more.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Fuel Filter Bowl heating element has shorted out. Disconnect it at the at the Filter bowl.. then check all yer Maxi fuses.. under the hood in the Power Distribution box.. Driver side, near the Master cylinder/Brake booster.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Fuel Filter Bowl heating element has shorted out. Disconnect it at the at the Filter bowl.. then check all yer Maxi fuses.. under the hood in the Power Distribution box.. Driver side, near the Master cylinder/Brake booster.

Joe

On edit: Glad you found it ;tu

99miller

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks again it was a fuse in the cab not sure y it poped but im sure there must be a short

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its most likely the fuel heater shorting. Unplug it or it will take out another fuse. You dont need it. If you want one, they have better heater elements available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58